RUNDISNEY STAR WARS: A WOOKIEE WELCOME

THE STAR WARS HALF MARATHON WEEKEND KICKS OFF WITH A PARTY FIT FOR A WOOKIEE!




I let the Wookiee win!


With months of training, costume making, and gearing up behind us, the day has finally come! As the Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend kicks off, I’ve got a full report on the runDisney Health & Fitness Expo and Wookiee Welcome live from the Disneyland Resort.


Official merchandise at the Expo.

The real highlight of the day was the Wookiee Welcome Party, a private event in the Disneyland Park. Runners had the chance to ride Tomorrowland attractions with fellow runDisney Star Wars fans and celebrate the start of the weekend. I had my fill of Wookiee Cookies and met fellow runners from all over the country. To top it all off, Star Wars and Disney characters were there for the occasion. I couldn’t pass up a photo with Chewbacca; After all, it was his party!



Chip the Ewok dances on the party stage.


I’m off to face my own trials in the 5k and 10k races. If I pass my challenge,  I’ll be back at the end of the weekend with a full recap of events. For all of the runners out there: May the Force be with us!



















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RON HOWARD DISCUSSES THE FORCES THAT SHAPE HAN IN SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY ON THE STAR WARS SHOW