BATMAN FOREVER CO-STAR TOMMY LEE JONES HATED JIM CARREY

Jim Carrey has confirmed long-standing rumors of a clash with his Academy Award-winning co-star Tommy Lee Jones during filming of Batman Forever in 1995. Carrey and Jones played the villains The Riddler and Two-Face, respectively.

“I cannot sanction your buffoonery,” Jones once said to Carrey during filming of Batman Forever in 1995.
Carrey, who stars in the upcoming film Dumb and Dumber To, appeared on the Howard Stern Show to promote his new movie and related his encounter with Jones at a restaurant the night before filming a big scene in the Riddler’s lair, according to US Magazine.  

“I think what happened was, I was really looking forward to working with Tommy because he’s a fantastic actor and he still is to me. I mean he’s amazing, but he was a little crusty, he was a little crusty,” Carrey said.

Carrey alleges the animosity stems from the original Dumb and Dumber movie opening on the same weekend as Tommy Lee Jones' film, Cobb. Dumb and Dumber would go on to gross $16 million that weekend compared to Cobb’s $64,000.

“I went up to say hi and the blood drained from his face, in such a way that I realized that I had become the face of his pain or something,” Carrey said. “He got up, kind of shaking, and hugged me and said ‘I hate you. I really don’t like you.”
“He did not want to work with me at that point.”

Carrey did not say whether the actors have since reconciled.
Dumb Dumber To is set to hit theaters on November 14, 2014.

https://plus.google.com/u/3/+jackywelsom/posts


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RON HOWARD DISCUSSES THE FORCES THAT SHAPE HAN IN SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY ON THE STAR WARS SHOW